Illegal Building Works
· Do you need a Compliance Report?
Have you built without a Building Permit?
Has your Building Permit Expired?
· Have you received a Building Notice or Building Order?
We Can Help Get things Back on track
give us a call so we can discuss your options
!! First A Few Things you should know !!
Building work without a Permit
- · It is Illegal to Carry out Building works without a Valid and current Building Permit
- · Substantial fines can be imposed under section 16 Building Act 93
- Undertaking Building work without a valid required Building Permit a Fine of 500 Penalty units (1penalty unit = approx. $141= 500 x $141 (approx.) =$70,500 can be imposed
- The Council can Order you to have Building works Demolished
- · Building Works will not be covered by Insurance
- · Owner is fully Liable for injury or damage to other people and property.
- · Building Act s134 - Legal action can be commenced against building works up to 10 years after completion of building works
- · Legal action can be initiated at any time, even after the ten years has passed for criminal neglect eg. injury, collapse etc of building.
- · If there is no Final or Occupancy Permit the building works cannot legally be occupied
- · Owner can be ordered to removed or demolish illegal building works at any time
A Building Notice and/or Building Order will be attached and remain with property Title, this will show in the section 32 provided at time of selling the property and can serveary affect the selling Price you get for your property,
the Council can still Order the Demolition and removal of building works. This exposes you directly to legal action from Council and the new owner for rectification, compensation and substantial costs